- Age: 18 to 42 years
- Education: Matriculation (dispensation for lower education qualification in specified cases exists).
Applicant to report to the unit or the Recruiting Office on designated dates as advertised in Newspaper and Indian Army Website for tests as per laid down procedures. Selected candidates have to go through the Medical Board and Police Verification.
Note: Recruitment in TA is carried out on a Zonal basis.
- Zone- I. The state of Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir, Punjab and the Union Territories of Delhi & Chandigarh.
- Zone- II. The state of Bihar, Madhya Pradesh, Orissa, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Jharkhand and Chhattisgarh.
- Zone-III. The state of Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Tripura, Nagaland, Sikkim, West Bengal, Mizoram, Arunachal Pradesh and Andaman & Nicobar Islands.
- Zone-IV. The state of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Kerala, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Rajasthan, Karnataka and the Union Territories of Dadar and Nagar Haveli, Goa, Daman & Diu, Lakshadweep and Pondicherry.