Having a career in Air Hostess is quite a promising option to go for. Being a glamorous and lucrative job, a lot of girls prefer to pursue a career as an Air hostess. Not only girls, boys can also apply for the position as a flight steward and cabin crew. However, due to lack of knowledge and plethora of institutes, and courses it becomes difficult for a candidate to make an appropriate decision regarding Institute and especially courses.
List of Other Courses for Air Hostess Job. Generally, there are three types of Air Hostess courses available for a candidate. These are:
- Diploma Courses
- Degree Courses
- Certificate Courses
Air hostess diploma courses can be pursued right after completing your 10+2. Also, there are PG diploma courses which require you to complete your graduation. The duration of such courses is generally between 6 to 12 months, however, it may vary from institute to institute. Some of the diploma courses are:
- Diploma in Air Hostess training
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant training
- Diploma in Travel, Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Diploma in Hospitality and Travel Management
- Diploma in Aviation Customer Care
- PG Diploma in International Airline and Travel Management
Degree courses of Air hostess are valued more. Usually the duration of an air hostess degree course is 3 years, however, some institutes also offer 2-year special degree courses. Some of the top Air hostess degree courses are:
- B.Sc. in Air Hostess training
- Bachelor in Hospitality and Travel Management
- B.Sc. Aviation
- Degree in International Airline and Travel Management
- Bachelor of Travel and Tourism Management
Generally, certificate courses of Air hostess are of short duration with a period varying from 3 to 6 months. Some institute may also offer a 1-year certificate course. Some of the air hostess certificate courses are:
- Air Hostess training certificate course
- Hospitality and Air travel Management certificate course
- Cabin Crew/Flight Attendant certificate course
- Airlines Hospitality certificate course
- Airline Passenger Service certificate course
- Aviation Customer Service certificate course
- Flight Purser certificate course
- Aviation Management and Hospitality certificate course
Educational Qualification for Air Hostess Job in India
- 10+2 with a diploma or degree in hospitality like Hotel Management or Tourism Management.
- Graduation degree is necessary in case a candidate is looking to pursue PG Air Hostess courses.
- Good command over English (both written and verbal)
Physical Attributes Eligibility for Air Hostess Job in India
- The height of the candidate must not be less than 157cm, however, the height eligibility may vary as per different airlines.
- The weight of the candidate must be proportionate to the height.
- The complexion of the candidate must be fair to clear.
- Eyesight must be perfect
Other Eligibility Requirements for Air Hostess Job in India
- Age of the candidate must be between 18 to 26 years.
- Candidate must be eligible for an Indian passport.
- Candidate must be unmarried.
- Candidate must not be suffering from any major illness.
Skills & Attributes Necessary for Air Hostess Job
- Pleasing personality
- Presence of mind
- Patience to work long hours
- Ability to handle pressure
- Communication and interactive skills
- Team spirit
- Positive Attitude
- Team worker
Persona Enhancement Workshop
First Aid Training
Practical Training on Fidelio and Galileo
List of Top Institutes for Air Hostess Training
Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess (FIAHT)
Wings Air Hostess & Hospitality Training
Indira Gandhi Institute of Aeronautics (IGIA)
PTC Aviation Academy
Universal Aviation Academy or UAA
Rajiv Gandhi Memorial College of Aeronautics (RGMCA)
Institute for Personality, Etiquette & Grooming (IPEG India)
Candidates should possess skills like friendly personality, sense of responsibility, quick thinking and stamina. They also have good interpersonal skills, initiative, calm, strong sense of balance, punctuality and problem-solving ability. They should also be known of computer skills necessary for it.
Private Domestic Airlines
Government Domestic Airlines
Private International Airlines Government
Airport Ground Staff
Flight Steward Cabin
Crew Team Leader