Course Name: B.Sc Dairy Technology
Course Category: Dairy
Duration: 3 years
It is an Agriculture and Technology graduate course. This course covers the topics related to animal health and livestock, dairy technology, dairy farming and milking, dairy products and services, dairy plant maintenance, etc. This course has been designed for meeting the demand of growing needs of experts in Master of Science with Dairy Science. The main objective of this course is to yield more milk from animals through the use of technology and to prevent spoilage, improve quality of milk and make milk edible and safe for human consumption.
The basic eligibility criteria to pursue B.Sc in Dairy Technology is a pass in Higher Secondary Examination or 10+2 degree from a recognized college or university.
· As a Dairy Technologist, one should know what it takes to make a good glass of milk along with precise temperature requirements to make the taste even better.
· A candidate should be from Science background and have studied subjects such as Maths, Chemistry, Engineering, English and Computers.
· Good communication skills and critical thinking skills are also necessary for a Dairy Technologist so that he / she could work with a team of Farm Managers and Dairy Scientist so that they can effectively communicate their ideas.
· Analytical thinking is also necessary for this course so that a person can think out of the box.
· Candidates should be well versed with technology, willingness to work hard, an enquiring mind, commitment and cleanliness.
· They must be prepared to live in remote or rural areas away from the convenience and comforts of the city as they have to work there.
· Those who want to start their own small scale milk plants, ice cream units, milk parlor or work as consultants are perfect for this course.
Advantages and benefits of B.Sc Dairy Technology course
· Candidates can go for Research and Development or in teaching fields which is a growing area in Dairy industry.
· The dairy technologists can also undertake consultancy work.
· Besides teaching and research work, dairy technologists can start their own enterprise such as small scale milk plants, ice cream units, milk booths, etc.
· Candidates can go for higher studies such as Master’s degree.
In most of the States, selection to the graduate course in Dairy colleges is on the basis of an All India Entrance Examination in Physics, Chemistry and Maths of plus 2 level, common to other agricultural and animal science courses OR on the basis of the entrance examination conducted by the concerned universities.
Subjects of Study
- To prevent spoilage
- Improve quality
- Increase shelf-life
- Make milk palatable and safe for human consumption
Anand Agricultural University - AAU, Anand YogeshwariMahavidyalaya, Beed
After completing Dairy Technology Courses, one can work as a supervisor in a dairy plant either in equipment and plant design or project execution. He or She can also be a dairy consultant or
- Educational Institutes
- Production/Manufacturing Companies
- Logistics Departments
- Milk Plants
- Livestock Farms
- Cattle Breeding Centres
- Market Development Manager
- Area Sales Manager
- Product Development Manager
- Commodity Trading Manager
- Project Manager
· Quality Assurance/Quality Control Manager Head Quality Control