Syllabus - Pattern for conduct of Preliminary Interview Board (PIB) Written Exam
1. The syllabus/ Pattern for PIB written Examination has been modified as under:-
- Exam Pattern
Ser No. Paper Subject Nos of Questions Marks (i) I Reasoning and elementary Mathematics 50+50 100 (ii) II General Knowledge and English 50+50 100
- Time. Maximum time for each paper is 02 hrs and will be conducted in two sessions from 1000hrs to 1200hrs and 1400hrs to 1600hrs.
- Type of Exam. Objective (OMR Answer Sheet will be used).
- Qualifying Marks. The candidates will have to score minimum 40% marks in each paper separately and have an overall average of 50% to qualify.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers. There will be penalty imposed for wrong answers marked by a candidate as under:-
- There will be four possible answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, half of the mark assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct. Penalty will be imposed as above.
- There will be no penalty for questions not attempted.
2. The above may change in future. Do check regularly in TA website.