For Soldiers in the (GD) Category, the following have been granted dispensation:
(A) Class X Simple Pass.
- J&K State- Jammu, Kathua and UdhampurDistts of J&K.
- Uttarakhand State- Batwari Tehsil of Uttarkashi Distt, Okhimath Tehsil of Rudraprayag Distt and Joshimath Tehsils of Chamoli Distt.
- Rajasthan State- Jaisalmer and Barmer Distts and Shergarh, Osian and Phalaudi Tehsils of Jodhpur Distt.
- Gujarat State- Rapar and Lakhpat Tehsils of Kutch Distt.
- Punjab State- Candidates from Punjab who are domiciled with in the aerial distance of 20 Kms from the (IB) International Border.
- Kaim-Khanis from Rajasthan.
- Rawat from Ajmer, Rajasmad, Bhilwara, Udaipur and Chittoor Distts from Rajasthan.
- Mahars from Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Andhra Pradesh and Karnataka.
- Sikh (M&R).
(B) To Class VIII.
- J&K State- Less Jammu, Udhampur and Kathua Distt and Ladakh Region.
- Uttarakhand State- Berinag, Didihat, Dharchula and Munsiari Tehsils of Pithoragarh Distt.
- Sikkim State.
- Andaman & Nicobar Group of Islands.
- Lakshadweep- Minicoy Group of Islands.
- NE States- All pers including tribals except Arunachal Pradesh (including tribals).
- Himachal Pradesh- Lahaul, Spiti and Kinnaur Distts.
- Class/Community- Gorkhas (Nepalese and Indian) and Adivasis.
(C) To Class V.
- J&K State- Ladakh region.
- Arunachal Pradesh- including tribals.