Paramedics are basically those trained medical professionals who diagnose any disease in a human body with the help of blood test, X-ray, MRI, CitiScan, Ultrasound etc. In addition, they actually support doctors in providing better treatment by doing various medical checkups and therapies.
Paramedics are the best person to provide easiest and effective ways related to health and care to the people. Therefore, these professionals have become an integral part of the Paramedical sector in India. Even in the coming, there will be high demand for Paramedics professionals in India.
Paramedical Courses After 12th
Paramedical courses after 12th are those courses in which students learn about multiple emergency services required before hospitalization. Paramedical professional assist doctor with all kind of diagnostic reports to start treatment of any particular ailment. Paramedical offers approx 40 courses for the 12th student. These courses are available in form of degree, Diploma & certificate courses.
List Of Paramedical Courses After 12th Science 2018
Paramedical sector offers Degree, Diploma & certificate courses for class 12th students. These courses provide excellent career opportunities for students, who want to make a career in the paramedical sector. We have listed down best paramedical courses after 12th 2018 which can be joined through direct admission. The minimum eligibility for these courses is 12th in PCB with 50 % marks. Here is the list of some popular paramedical courses 2018.
Top Bachelor’s Degree Paramedical Courses
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- B.Sc. in OTT (Operation Theatre Technology)
- B.Sc. in Dialysis Technology
- B.Sc. in MLT (Medical Lab Technology)
- B.Sc. in X-Ray Technology
- B.Sc. in Radiography
- B.Sc. in Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. in Medical Record Technology
- B.Sc. in Ophthalmic Technology
- B.Sc. in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- B.Sc. in Optometry
- B.Sc. in Anaesthesia Technology
Duration. The above mentioned Bachelor’s Degree courses are usually 3 years long. Some academic programs are 4 years long (theory + practical training).
Top Diploma Paramedical Courses
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Occupational Therapy
- DOTT (Diploma in Operation Theatre Technology)
- Diploma in Medical Imaging Technology
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- ANM GNM Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- DHLS (Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech)
- Diploma in Anaesthesia Technology
- Diploma in Dental Hygienist
- Diploma in Rural Health Care
- Diploma in Community Health Care
Duration: Diploma courses could last anywhere between 1-3 years.
Paramedical Certificate Courses After 12th Science 2018
- Certificate in Dialysis Technician
- Certificate in X-Ray Technician
- Certificate – Lab Assistant/Technician
- Certificate in Operation Theatre Assistant
- Certificate in ECG and CT Scan Technician
- Certificate – Home Based Health Care
- Certificate in HIV and Family Education
- Certificate in Nutrition and Childcare
- Certificate – Dental Assistant
- Certificate in Nursing Care Assistant
- Certificate in Rural Health Care
Duration . Certificate paramedical courses could last anywhere between 6 months to 2 years.
Eligibility For Paramedical Courses After 12th
Students who are interested to make their career in the Paramedical sector must fulfill the required eligibility criteria. Here are the eligibility criteria to enter in the Paramedical sector:
- For different Undergraduate and Diploma courses in Paramedical sector, candidates should pass 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology as core subjects.
- While, for the Post-Graduate and PG-Diploma courses, candidates should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Science stream.
Popular Colleges/Universities To Choose Paramedical Courses After 12th
There are numerous excellent and top-rated colleges and Universities in India offering different courses in Paramedical field. Here we have listed out few of them:
• AIIMS (All India Institute of Medical Sciences), New Delhi
• Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
• Christian Medical College, Vellore
• Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
• University College of Medical Sciences University of Delhi, Delhi
• Sri Ramachandra University, Chennai
• Seth GordhandasSunderdas Medical College, Mumbai
• Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
• Kasturba Medical College ManipalManipal University, Manipal
• Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University, Varanshi
• Bangalore Medical College and Research Institute, Bangalore
• Christian Medical College, Ludhiana
• St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
• Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
• Jawaharlal Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research (JIPMER), Pondicherry.
• St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai.
• Madras Medical Collage, Chennai
• Osmania University, Hyderabad
• Symbiosis International University
• Banaras Hindu University (BHU),Varanasi
Admission Procedure In Paramedical Courses
If you aspire to take admission in top paramedical colleges for UG & PG courses then you must know the paramedical entrance exams. The most renowned medical exams are given below.
NEET is one of the most renowned medical entrance exam of India, its gateway to get admission in MBBS/BDS courses in top paramedical colleges of India. It is being conducted by CBSE, it happens every year in the month of may& registration starts on Jan. candidates completed or pursuing their 12th exam in PCB with minimum 50% marks, can participate in the exam.
AIIMs is the most prestigious medical college in India. It offers various UG & PG Courses for medical students. To give admission in its courses aiims conducts its own medical entrance test. This exam happens in the year in the month of May & application starts in Feb. Students interested in taking admission in AIIMS can register online for this particular exam.
IGNOU OPENNET 2018
Indra Gandhi National Open University Conducts IGNOU OPENNET exam for giving admission in Post basis BSc Nursing Course. Every year this exam happens in the month of August, Students interested in this exam can participate online. Online registration opens in May and ends in June last or 1st Week of July. The candidate who has passed 12th in PCB with minimum 50% marks are eligible for this exam. Students who are pursuing their 12th can also participate in IGNOU OPENNET
NEET PG 2018
NEET-PG is being conducted by the national board of examination every year. Candidate interested in MS/ MD or other PG courses should participate in this exam, this exam every year happens in the month of Jan & registration for this exam starts in Aug onwards. Its 3 hours & 30 mins exam which happen only in the online mode in 41 cities. Candidates interested in this exam should have cleared their MBBS or equivalent qualification.
DayanandSagar University Bangalore conducts its own entrance to offer admission in paramedical, engineering, Management, computer application courses This exam happen in the month of April & May every year. Students interested in UG & PG courses can register online & apply. Students can participate in the online & offline mode in DSAT.
EPSI National Admission Test
Education Promotion Society of India conducts EPSI national admission test, popularly known as ENAT. Students interested in taking admission in UG & PG paramedical courses including engineering & management can participate in the exam. This exam is unique in nature as after finishing their exam students can immediately see their scores. ENAT being conducted in the first week of April every year. Students who have completed or pursuing their 12th in PCB can participate in the exam.
MH CET is state level entrance exam conducted by Govt of Maharashtra every year. Students interested in various medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BPT, Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, Bachelor of Audiology Speech-Language Pathology, Bsc Nursing Courses. This exam happens every year in May & result get declared in the month of June. Students who have completed their senior secondary exam with minimum 50 % marks can participate in the exam.
BHU PMT 2018
Banaras Hindu University Located in Varanasi conducts its entrance exam commonly known as BHU PMT. Students who are interested in taking admission in various UG & PG medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, and B.Pharma, can apply for this particular test. In order to participate students should be 12th Passed in PCB with minimum 50% marks in general category and 40% in reserved category. Online registration for this exam starts from April and ends in May. Interested students can log on to official website i.e www.bhu.ac.in and can do their registration.
Why Choose Paramedical as Career?
The government of India has recently introduced a flagship scheme in Budget 2018 called ‘National Health Protection Scheme’, under which Government will open super-specialty hospitals in Tier-2 and Tier-3 cities of the country to provide effective medical services to the people. Besides this, Government will also open 1.50 lakh health centers across the country to distribute free of cost medicines and provide medical checkups to the people.
Scope of Paramedical Courses In India
The requirements of Paramedical professionals like Nursing Assistant, Lab Technicians, Radiology Technicians, Physiotherapist, and Pharmacists will surely increase. According to a report, Indian Paramedical sector will increase with the growth rate of 16.6% percent in the coming 5 . In this post, we have brought the complete information related to this advanced career option for the medical aspirants and scope of paramedical courses in India.
Job Opportunities In Paramedical Sector
- A Paramedical professional can get job opportunities in government and private hospitals, trauma centers and clinics.
- They can also find the opportunities in aviation flight crews where they need to transport the injured person to nearest healthcare centers.
- After doing professional courses, individuals can find ample job opportunities in India as well as abroad.
Required Skills in Paramedical Sector
- A person should be an excellent presence of mind to take correct decisions in an emergency as they have to work in rotational shifts.
- He/she should be physically fit and perfect to take precautionary measures in case of any injury to the people.
- A person should be willing to work late in the night and weekends.
- He/she have the clear mindset, quick decision maker, and excellent communication skills.