Interior designing is a fast growing professional field with the real estate and construction industry playing a vital role in its growth. Interior Design is a very expressive art and requires designers to be constantly on their feet with ideas and creative inputs. The 1-Year Diploma program in Interior Designing is focused on creative planning and skilled design of interior spaces.
- The interdisciplinary module focuses on methodological and technical approach.
- Equips the learner with an understanding of various interior styles.
- Helps the student to understand furnishings and materials and also helps them to get acquainted with the art and science of creating harmony with colours, textures and patterns.
- The learners will understand the constantly evolving landscape of interior design by keeping in mind the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics and cultures.
- The program provides students with a platform to fully develop their latent creative skills and express their views.
- The students are encouraged to develop creative, artistic, individual and imaginative approach towards interior design.
- Regular industry interaction with experts and opportunity to participate in exhibitions and workshops helps in acquiring in-depth knowledge of the field.
- Students will develop projects as a part of their final submission.
- The students will be able to conceptualise and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- One can work as an interior designer, visualiser, set designer,and interior decorator.
Syllabus - Interior Design
- History of Interior Design
- Graphic Presentation (Basic)
- Orthographic Projection
- Interior Design (Basic)
- Elements of Design
- Construction Techniques (Basic)
- Role of An Interior Designer
- Professional Practice
- Annual Design Project
· BARDS Institute of Design/ BARDS Institute of Business and Media, Guwahati
· Delhi Institute of Technology and Paramedical Sciences, Delhi
· Maharishi Markandeshwar University - Sadopur-Ambala Campus, Ambala
- Vision Institute of Fashion Designing, Jaipur
The course is suitable for those who interested or desirous in Diploma in Interior Design and its related areas, etc. Those who are willing to go for teaching fields at higher degree level i.e. college and university level both in private and government institutions are good suit for it.
They should have innovative and decorating mind, up to date with changing trends and have computer skills. They must also have good communication and interpersonal skills which are necessary for the course. They must be able to coordinate with architects, painters, carpet installers and furniture movers.
The candidates can go for higher degree program in respective subjects, e.g. Bachelors’ degree, etc. They can start their own business in the very field or also can become partner with other for it.
Applicants can also have interior decorating jobs which may involve the following kinds of tasks such as choosing paint colours and fabrics, selecting and arranging furniture to enhance both the appearance and function of a space, finding the appropriate lighting, window coverings and flooring.
Diverse job opportunities exist in front of interior design professionals. They may either choose to work under supervised setup (Design studios and Interior design firms) or work independently. When it comes to Government sector jobs, PWDs, Municipal Corporations and Town Planning Departments are known to hire interior design professionals. They may also become part of Government schemes related to housing and relocation of people.
Diploma in Interior Design Job Types
Mid Interior Designer
Interior Lighting Designer
Architect & Interior Designer