B.B.A. L.L.B. (Hons) or Bachelor of Business Administration and Bachelor of Legislative Law Honours is an undergraduate Administrative Law professional integrated course. The course is a combination of the study of Law and Business administration.
B.B.A. L.L.B. (Hons.) provides an integrated understanding of the interrelationship of Management Studies and Law in their entirety than in specified areas. Law, it is a set of categorized rules and regulations under which any society or country is governed. By Honours it is meant that it is a Higher Academic Standard Course because it requires in-depth study subjects studied. It is ranked above the Simple, Pass, General or Ordinary Bachelors Course.
It is five years course with 10 Semesters. The maximum duration to clear the course is a period of 8 (eight) years from the date of admission to the First Semester Course. It is called an Integrated Course because its course curriculum involves the study of Commerce and business administration etc. along with the in-depth study of law and legislature. The medium of instruction is mostly English unless specified.
B.B.A. L.L.B. (Hons.) Eligibility
· The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing a B.B.A. L.L.B. Honours Course is Pass in the Higher Secondary School Examination (10+2) system with aggregate not less than 50% of the total marks or an equivalent examination such as 11+1, ‘A’ level in Senior School Leaving certificate course from a recognized University of India or outside or from a Senior Secondary Board or equivalent, constituted or recognized by the Union or by a State Government or from any equivalent institution from a foreign country recognized by the government of that country. These regulations can be varied but are mostly similar in almost all institutes.
· Applicants who have obtained + 2 Higher Secondary Pass Certificate or First Degree Certificate after prosecuting studies in distance or correspondence method shall also be considered as eligible for admission.
· Admission to the First Year of the 5-Year BBA, LL.B. (Hons.) Degree Program is made strictly on merit, based on the Entrance Examination. An interview may conduct as well. National-level Common Law Admission Test (CLAT)/State Level Law Entrance test scores are accepted, they provide extra weight-age in some institutes, while in others, these are not mandatory.
· The maximum age for seeking admission into a stream of integrated Bachelor of law degree program, is limited to 20-21 years in case of general category of applicants and to 22-23 years in case of applicants from SC, ST and other Backward communities, depending on the institute where one is seeking admission.
· Most of the institutes reserve a certain number of seats for foreign candidates. Certain number of seats is also reserved for Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes, along with reservation for Persons with Disability.
· As per stipulation of the Bar Council of India the minimum percentage of marks should not be below 45% of the total marks in case of General Category Applicants and 40% of the Total Marks in case of SC, ST and OBC applicants, to be obtained in the qualifying examination, such as +2 Examinations.
· Candidates awaiting results of the qualifying examination can also appear for the test on condition that they produce proof of having passed the qualifying examination with the prescribed marks at the time of interview.
Minimum Period of Internship
Each registered student shall have completed minimum of 20 weeks internship during the entire period of legal studies under NGO, Trial and Appellate Advocates, Judiciary, Legal Regulatory authorities, Legislatures and Parliament, Other Legal Functionaries, Market Institutions, Law Firms, Companies, Local Self Government and other such bodies as the Institute shall stipulate, where law is practiced either in action or in dispute resolution or in management.
Provided that internship in any year cannot be for a continuous period of more than 4 Weeks and all students shall at least gone through once in the entire academic period with Trial and Appellate Advocates. Each student shall keep Internship diary in such form as may be stipulated by the Institute concerned and the same shall be evaluated by the Guide in Internship and also a Core Faculty member of the staff each time. The total mark shall be assessed in the Final Semester of the course in the 4th Clinical course.
Criteria for Passing the Semester Examination
In order to qualify in particular examination, a candidate shall have to obtain the minimum aggregate of 45% of marks and secure at least 40% of marks in each and every theory paper whether compulsory or optional and minimum of 45% marks in internal assessment. In Compulsory Clinical papers the total marks is divided between the theory and internal assessment as indicated in each individual paper. The different clinical program in the internal examination shall consist of program like Project Work/Project Assignment or Report/Mid-semester Tests/Legal-Aid camp/Moot Court Exercise/Seminar/dissertation etc and viva voce examination which will be completed within four months from the date of admission in that particular semester.
Scaling of the internal marks will be arranged by the Controller of Examinations, wherever deemed necessary. To pass any of the semester examinations a candidate must have passed in all the subjects of that Semester as per the provisions mentioned in the preceding rules.
The results of the candidates appearing at the 10th Semester of shall not be declared unless and until the candidate has been declared passed in all the papers up to 9th Semester examination. A candidate, for being eligible for the Semester examination, must have completed the requisite 75% attendance in the given semester.
National Law University - NLU Odisha, Cuttack
ICFAI University - Dehradun, Dehradun
Guwahati University, Guwahati
National Law University - NLU Jodhpur, Jodhpur
The course is for those who want more from One Degree Course; candidates get the best of both the worlds. Certain amongst us like Law and Business Administration but pursuing Bachelors degree in both will take about six years whereas this course caters to both interests within a span of five years, i.e. a year saved.
Those who want to have Master degree after it and then for further research work also are suitable for the course.
Consultancies Sales Tax & Excise Departments
Finance Manager & Company Secretary
Human Resource Manager
Business Consultant Assistant
Advisor & Management Accountant
Advocate & Human Resource Manager
Deputy Legal Advisor
Law Officer & Management Accountants
Finance Manager & Legal Advisor Notary